Posted on: October 30, 2014
Daniel and I are so proud to announce the newest addition to our family. After 9 months of anticipation and curiosity about the gender of our little one, we happily welcomed a sweet baby GIRL (!!!) into the world.
Naomi Camilla Trummer
Born October 2, 2014 at 10:24 p.m.
7 lbs, 1oz.
20 inches long
Life is happening too fast. It's been just over 3 weeks since we brought our baby girl home and already she's grown and changed so much, apart of me wants her to stay tiny forever.
We've been adjusting and settling in well. Things have been pretty cozy and quiet as we learn about our little one; it's been really nice to slow down, take it day by day, and spend time savoring the new energy between us.
Posted on: October 1, 2014
It's been an amazing 9 month stretch! Today marks my 40th week of pregnancy, and while I'm super anxious to meet our little one, I'm grateful to have made it to my due date without any complications or unexpected hiccups. My journey to motherhood has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life, and I can only imagine how much more amazing it will be once I have my baby in my arms.
Maybe it's my mama-to-be instincts, but somehow I always knew we'd end up having an October baby. Autumn has always been my favorite time of year and now with a new birthday in the mix, we'll have even more reason to celebrate!
Life is so surreal. We've been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now that it's finally right at our fingertips, we couldn't be happier.
We're ready when you are, little one.
Posted on: September 28, 2014
Happy Sunday! While I haven't put these products to use just yet, I spent countless hours researching, testing in-store, and listening to advice from veteran mama's about their favorite baby gear. I thought it might be helpful to share a short checklist of my six favorite items we've bought for our little one...
01. Since baby will be sleeping in our bedroom for the first few months, we opted for a bassinet that offered both functionality and a touch of modern design. We fell in love with the Babyhome Dream Cot because of its ability to easily go from stationary, mobile, or to a rocking position. It also has awesome travel capabilities: you can literally collapse the entire thing, place it in the included travel bag and bring it with you on trips to grandma's house or abroad - perfect for our lifestyle.
02. We both come from babywearing families, so it was natural for us to choose to continue the tradition. I've only heard awesome reviews about Ergo, so when they recently released their newest 360 edition carrier, we jumped on it. It offers lots of wearing positions, and is really user-friendly. We also added the Organic Infant Cocoon for a extra bit of cozy; we just hope the baby likes it!
03. Selecting a car seat is overwhelming, there are so many options! We decided to go with a convertible option that can last us through toddlerhood. The Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 offered the combination we were looking for: safety, comfort, and a generally pleasing esthetic. We ended up choosing this version with the tiny fit insert in case our babe is on the smaller side.
04. I'm just not a diaper bag type of gal. I found them either to be big and bulky or over-the-top design wise. I think a lightweight rucksack is a good compromise. I totally fell in love with the Fjallraven Mini. It's compact but still yields enough storage for all the daily baby essentials you typically need when you're out and about.
05. Space is a challenge in our little flat. I knew right away that a large standing swing was not going to be a feasible option for us, so, after reading countless reviews we opted for the RockaRoo by 4Moms. It glides back-and-forth like butter, is insanely quiet and even has speakers and an iPod hook-up so that you can play music / white noise while the baby swings.
06. After testing tons of strollers at different baby boutiques, Bugaboo was hands-down the most user-friendly, and it offers so many options to accommodate newborns to toddlers. I especially loved the Cameleon — it's compact, easy to collapse down for storage/travel, and maneuvers like a champ.
Sometime after baby decides to arrive, I plan on checking back in to share which items we end up loving. Stay tuned...
- - - - - -
+ A cozy little something for fall. (How could I resist?!)
Posted on: September 26, 2014
This past Wednesday marked my 39th week of pregnancy and as my due date inches closer, I've found myself in full-on nesting mode. I'll admit, I secretly love washing tiny baby clothes, stacking books, arranging stuffed animals, and neatly folding buttery soft blankets.
I've checked off everything on my to-do list, and somehow I still manage to find something else to (re)clean, organize, or make "just so". At the end of the day, it's satisfying to peak into each room and know that our home is ready for baby's arrival.
We're ready. And anxious. But, surprisingly not too nervous about our start of parenthood. We're curious to know if we'll be having a September or October baby, and just really excited to see how our journey to meeting our little one unfolds...
- - - - - -
+ The ultimate checklist.